WHAT TO DO BEFORE ABORTION IN TEXAS
Know Before You Go
1. LEARN MORE ABOUT TEXAS ABORTION LAWS
If you live in Texas, you’re probably unsure what to do with the new abortion restrictions. We can answer any questions you have. Call (915) 249-1344 for more information.
2. GET A FREE ULTRASOUND IN EL PASO, TEXAS
If your pregnancy test is positive, our center provides limited obstetric ultrasounds* free of charge. An ultrasound will help you learn more about your pregnancy and your options. *restrictions may apply
An ultrasound is often recommended before an abortion for several reasons:
DO AN ULTRASOUND EXAM TO DATE PREGNANCY
FIND OUT IF YOUR PREGNANCY IS VIABLE
CAN YOU TAKE THE ABORTION PILL?
Under current Texas law, all abortion procedures (medical, surgical, and telehealth) are banned except in cases where the mother’s life or health is seriously endangered by her pregnancy.10 Before you travel out of state for an abortion procedure, find out how far along in pregnancy you are with our ultrasound services. This information will help determine the type of abortion procedure(s) available to you, allowing you to have the information you need. Call (915) 249-1344 or text (915) 249-1344 or request an appointment online today.
1. MEDICAL ABORTION
Information taken from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). “Mifeprex Medication Guide.” U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/mifeprex-mifepristone-information
4. SURGICAL ABORTIONS
- Paul, M., Lichtenberg, E. S., Borgatta, L., Grimes, D. A., Stubblefield, P. G., & Creinin, M. D. (2009). First Trimester Aspiration Abortion. In Management of unintended and abnormal pregnancy: Comprehensive abortion care (pp. 135-156).
- Chichester, UK: Wiley-Blackwell. Planned Parenthood Federation of America Inc. (2014). In-Clinic Abortion Procedures : Planned Parenthood. Retrieved July 19, 2014.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. (2013). Practice Bulletin: Second-Trimester Abortion (135).
- Pasquini, L., et al. Intracardiac injection of potassium chloride as method for feticide: Experience from a single U.K. tertiary centre. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008;115(4):528–31.
5. Mayo Clinic. (2020, November 6). Fetal ultrasound. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/pregnancy-week-by-week/multimedia/fetal-ultrasound/sls-20076294
6. Dugas C, Slane VH. Miscarriage. [Updated 2022 Jun 27]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK532992/
7. Mayo Clinic. (2022, July 29). Medical abortion: Before Using. Mayo Clinic – Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/medical-abortion/about/pac-20394687
- Physician’s Desk Reference. (2022). Korlym (mifepristone) Contraindications dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Korlym-mifepristone-2928#11
- Physician’s Desk Reference Guide. (2022). Cytotec (misoprostol) dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions… from PDR.net. https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/Cytotec-misoprostol-1044.430#11
8. Mayo Clinic. (2022, March 12). Ectopic pregnancy – Symptoms and causes. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/ectopic-pregnancy/symptoms-causes/syc-20372088
9. Mentula MJ, Niinimäki M, Suhonen S, Hemminki E, Gissler M, Heikinheimo O. Immediate adverse events after second trimester medical termination of pregnancy: results of a nationwide registry study. Hum Reprod. 2011 Apr;26(4):927-32. doi:
10.1093/humrep/der016. Epub 2011 Feb 11. PMID: 21317416.
10. Texas Health and Safety Code §170A.002.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
There are several things you can do before an abortion right here in our state. Learn about your options in El Paso, Texas.
We are a group of caring individuals – not too unlike yourselves – who treat each client with absolute compassion and integrity. The staff and volunteers at our clinics have experienced unplanned pregnancies and abortion. We can answer your question without judgement, as we’ve been where you are now.
All of our services are 100% free and confidential. We exist to provide accurate medical information and support to women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy. Our clinic doesn’t offer or refer for pregnancy terminations or birth control.