Teach fathers to become better men and dads.
Show them what it takes to be a family man and give them the guide and steps it takes to accomplish their goals in their lives.
Help father’s be better providers.
Show them what the essentials of fatherhood are.
Turn Fathers into Dads of children who love and respect them because they are men of honor, love, respect and responsibility.
Here’s some quick advice that may be of benefit to you right now:
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you, too.
- Talk about it – not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- Express yourself honestly – it’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Don’t bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don’t pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don’t forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as sharing your thoughts.
Clear your mind and listen to what she is saying. Try to understand her feelings. Gather information about the options available to her. We are here for you to provide caring, free and confidential help for you and your partner.
The first thing you need to do is find out that she is really pregnant and learn about your options. Pregnancy & Fatherhood Solutions provides confidential and free pregnancy testing services, along with many support services. We are here to help both of you come to an informed decision. To help show your support go with her for the pregnancy test appointment. If she truly is pregnant, then she is already being overwhelmed by hormone changes that can have a great effect on her. Having your support will reassure her that you care.
Pregnancy & Fatherhood Solutions can help you in a variety of ways should she actually be pregnant. We offer classes for new Dads and Dads to be given by another man. You won’t be alone in supporting her through this pregnancy.
Remember the decision is ultimately hers to make. You should be able to express your opinion but you should never force her into a decision. We are here to help both of you make an informed decision. Call us today! (915) 592-3237 or schedule an appointment